For many families, buying or selling a house in Kenya is the most important financial decision to make, the best way to save money, time and effort is by choosing a trustworthy real estate agent that can understand your requirements. If you want to get more information about real estate laws you can start investigating the African laws and search Real Estate in Kenya available in this area.
A real estate agent is a professional that helps sellers and buyers buy or sell properties, in others words: a real estate agent is a intermediary between sellers and buyers, is a representative but he/she has not power to make important decisions in name of a client.
A good real estate agent helps you find a new house within your budget or helps you sell your house quickly and at the best possible price.
Follow the next advices to find the best real estate agent:
- Ask for references from friends and families, references make a good guide to begin your search.
- Select an agency with good reputation, agencies with more experience also offer you more direction about services related to the buying and selling of property.
- Verify the certification of agents, hire a professional that has the correct certification, ensure that the agent have estate agent licence approved by the "National Association of Real estate agent".
- Investigate in what kind of properties he/she specializes in, some agents are focus on exclusives properties of some type or range of price. Choose a professional that has experience on the type of house that you are interested in buying or selling.
- Choose an agent who listens and understands your needs, the process of selling and buying houses is confusing and complicated, it would be easier if you trusted an agent who takes the necessary time to explain each step and answer all your questions.
Before interviewing an agent, do not forget the following suggestions.
- Years of experience in real estate.
- Sales history in the area where one wants to sell or buy a property.
- Fees and commissions.
- References and contact details of previous customers.
Real Estate Schools in Kenya
There are some places where to find Real Estate schools in Kenya, it is recommended that you seek schools or universities in your area or maybe check them out on internet, be sure to look for the type of school that suits your interests.
There is a variety of real estate courses available for people who do not know anything of real estate and you can find free courses to help you.