- 1 cup dried peas (or canned peas)
- 1 lb canned corn or 6 ears of fresh corn
- Several potatoes or instant mashed potatoes
- ˝ lb pumpkin greens or spinach
- Lima Beans (optional)
- Chopped fried onions (optional)
- Black pepper
Boil dried peas until détente, drain and set aside. Also boil the potatoes, corn, lima beans, and the greens, drain and set aside.
Mix the fried onions with all the above, add salt & pepper to taste and mash.
The consistency should be that of firm mashed potatoes. You can also add a little bit of butter if desired.
The leftovers taste great the next day when fried with a bit of oil in a pan.